<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, June 24, 2003

TIGERS GO DOWN FOR LOWE JOB

Detroit Tigers 1
Boston Red Sox 10
RECAP
BOX SCORE

Ten runs, seventeen hits, one run allowed, all with the disclaimer that this was against the Detroit Tigers. I am still pleased with the performance tonight. We beat them by a mere 2 runs yesterday, this is a team we need to kill. Perhaps Mueller and Manny can emerge from their slumps with the help of the lackluster Detroit pitchers.

Man of the Game was a wicked tough pick. Millar did get 4 RBIs, D-Lowe did pitch 8 with 1 ER, but Nomar takes the cake. He went 5 for 5 before being lifted for a Pinch Runner. He scored 3 runs and made a sensational play in the field. So he gets his 4th Man of the Game award. Here are the standings:

1. Nomar - 4
2. Millar - 3
3. Burkett, Sanchez, Trot, Rupe, Lyon, J. Crede, E. Loiza, JD Drew, B. Myers - 1

Y*nks barely beat Tampa, Jays lost, A's lost.

RANDOMNESS CENTRAL

HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumble ran a story about Ted Williams' son, John Henry and the controversy surrounding Ted's final resting spot. If you didn't see it, they basically had some of Williams' care takers and his son-in-law say that he wanted to be cremated. However, legally he was frozen. The HBO guys did the typical Michael Moore-ish "try interviewing a guy who doesn't want to be interviewed in order to make him look like a bad guy" when they tried asking JH Williams questions. Now, I'm not defending the guy, but enough is enough.

I really don't care where his body is. I'm an atheist (excpet for my beleif in Pedro being God) so I couldn't give a rat's ass about bodies and shit that happens after your dead. Hell, if I had the $$$, I'd get frozen when I die so I could come back for whenever the Sox win the Series. Anyway, the whole thing reminded me of this story. Disrespectful? Yes! Funny? Yes! And i love the signs on the Green Monster. This article was originally written before the WB Mason and Bob's Stores signs were attatched to the Green Monster scoreboard.

I intend on hooking up my brand new HP 3500 C scanner (computer things have the COOLEST names). After I hook up the scanner, I'll upload a bunch of pictures I took at Fenway from the Sox/Y*nkees series and some pictures from Y*nkee Stadium when the Sox lost to the scum the day after they beat cl*mens. I also intend on updating my Red Sox Nicknames page with some that i came up with and some that others came up with.

Bit of news here transaction wise. Sox sign Gabe Kapler. So that means Giambino is gone if Gabe does good. (God I love alliteration!)

I also hear tell that Finley wishes to remain retired in Cali so he's not coming to Boston or St. Louis.

The Y*nks are looking to deal Jeff Weaver and cash to Pittsburgh for either Brian Giles or Kris Benson. I guess the Y*nkees feel that Mondesi, Matsui, and Bernie aren't enough. I beleive their combined salaries total something around $30 million. Benson had a good young arm that was repaired via Tommy John surgery. He's still a solid starter, however.

Just so your'e not scared of the Blue Jays. Check out their pitcher's ERA's. Here is the link.

The Chicago Bears changed their name to the Bears presented by Bank One. Shouldn't be long before the Red Sox are the Fleet Sox. The club is so strapped for cash that there is a promo on NESN after almost every out, there are signs on the Monster for the first time since 1934, and every time the Sox throw a runner out, there's a locking sound and a Lo-Jack logo appears on the bottom right corner of the screen and Don Orsillo proudly proclaims the "Lo-Jack caught stealing." Now I'm all for revenue maximization, but there is a point at which RM becomes ridiculous. The Sox are on the needle head of that point.

Questions, comments, Sox propaganda? E-mail me at rawbeezeitz@yanks-suck.com or IM me on AIM screename FlapjackZeitz.
Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> (0) comments
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?