<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, October 29, 2004

THE NATION REACTS
From Obey Pedro:
Boston needs to remove the Jimmy Fund sign from the Green Monster and paint "2004 World Champions" across it in the largest font possible with all of the players on the 40-man roster listed below it.

I never believed in curses and neither did most of you. But after witnessing the first championship in 86 years, it made me realize how wonderful the new Boston brass is compared to the Yawkeys. So let's rename Yawkey Way to LuWernry Way.


The folks at Boston Dirt Dogs came up with this drawing:


Bambino's Curse said this:
Tie up your steed Galahad, the Grail Cup is in hand!…
I wonder if he'll change the name of his blog.

El Guapo's Ghost had this to say:
As I said this morning at the St. Louis airport to the Boston Red Sox Organization, "I just want to say thank you."

The Joy of Sox thanked each of the Red Sox players from Terry Adams to Kevin Youkilis. He then thanked the coaches and executives. His initial reaction to the Game 4 win was:
At 11:40 pm, the Boston Red Sox were crowned Champions of Baseball for the first time since 1918. ... I just cna;lksafj'vkv'ain lkaevn'f ndbal;KSwr[gioWN

Sox Therapy posted an MP3 of "Hallelujah"

This was said at The House that Dewey Built:
But what I am so happy about, as a Boston guy that went to college in Philadelphia with a bunch of New Yorkers, is that I can stick my chest out now. If you ask me whom I root for and I tell you the Boston Red Sox, you will no longer chuckle or make a wise-ass remark.

Don’t pity me. I’m a Boston Red Sox fan.


Misery Loves Company suggested a new name for their blog:
We're Gonna Need a New Title for This Blog - I'm Thinking 'Ecstacy Loves Everyone'

Yanks fan vs. Sox fan has a very nice piece about the lifelong commitment of being a Sox fan.

Here are some pictures of celebrations I got from Yahoo.com:

Mitt Romney removes a sign from Storrow Drive


Welcoming the conquering heroes


Pedro greets the fans


Sox fans in St. Louis


Outside Fenway



UMass-Amherst


UConn


A bar in Amherst, MA


A bar in Boston


Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Parade on Saturday at 10 beginning in The Fens or even further from downtown and ending in City Hall Plaza

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> (0) comments
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?