<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, November 21, 2004

THE T.O. INCIDENT
OK, I have no problem with beautiful girls taking their towels off. I have no problem with them jumping into the arms of a football player. I have no problem with the implied sex. However, some people do. ABC, which is owned by Disney, and the NFL should have realised that alot of kids watch Monday Night Football. I remember a few years ago my bedtime was the half-time of MNF unless the Pats were playing. Bellicheck said something along the lines that the game is what is important, not selling it with sex. He made a comparison to the XFL. I know ABC was trying to promote their show "Desperate Housewives" and trying to be cool and funny, but people watch MNF to see football and that's all they should get. I think the decency police are too strong but they wouldn't have any strength if the networks could police themselves.

NO HELP FROM THE BROWNS AND BENGALS
Earlier in the afternoon it looked like the Browns might give us a 1/2 game over the Jets in the division standings, and the Bengals might give us a 1/2 game over the Steelers in the race for home field advantage, but neither team was able to perform and both looked rpetty bad. I watched the Jets/Browns game and it was just terrible. Dropped passes, stupid penalties, missed tackles. I kept tabs on the Bengals game thru NFL.com and there was just so much stupidity coming through the LiveText. Penalty after penalty after penalty. It makes me thankful to have a team like the Patriots. If they lose, it is because of the other team, not their own failures.

By the way, the Browns uniforms look terrible. Seriously, I thought Clemson was taking on the Jets. I used to like the Brown uniforms and orange helmets. It was old school and quite unique. The orange has been done and it looks like an old school team trying desperately to be new school.

Comments:
<$BlogCommentBody$>
<$BlogCommentDeleteIcon$> (0) comments
Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?